Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

PCOS

If you haven't read my previous post, you might want to as it will make this post make sense.
I'm glad I went to the fertility Doctor.. What he said is that I have PCOS- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I won't go into details as its really just not attractive, but it all makes sense. I have almost all of the symptoms. One of the biggest side effects of it is infertility. But the hope is that with medication I will be able to get pregnant. So onto this little chapter of our lives, I see the Dr again on the 17th, so I will be able to ask more questions. I looked online (I know its probably not a good idea :)) But from what I read its not terrible but there are a lot of problems not only for your everyday life, but trying to get pregnant, while you are pregnant and for your baby. Things like more likely to get Type 2 diabetes pregnant or not. Higher risk for heart attack, and other womanly issues. I'm trying to just be calm about it, apparently the medicine seems to work for a lot of woman so hopefully it will for me too.
I had a great convention of course, was great to hear everyone (including my sister!) and to see everyone also. It was pretty cold, so I spent a lot of time in Mom and Dads trailer!

1 comment:

jessica said...

thinking of you and hope everything turns out well for you and your family.