Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Babies don't keep

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow.
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
I saw this poem the other day and I feel the same way! Such a sweet thing to sit rocking a little baby to sleep. He of course does sleep a lot and it's hard for me to put him down! I know that he's going to grow up fast and that these days are so few! I think with Camilla I took for granted that there would be at least one more baby. So then when it took so long to get pregnant again and I was fearing that it wouldn't ever happen. I regretted not spending enough time or not breast feeding long enough or not remembering enough of her being a baby. She was a so called difficult baby, aLOT of crying (4-6 hours nightly) she didn't sleep well. Pretty much if she was awake she was crying! So I think that a lot of it was just a big sleep deprived blur! Now with this little guy, he is so different! Sleeps so good, only cries if he's hungry or doesn't want to be in his swing. Otherwise he just sleeps or if he's awake he just sits and looks around. It is so nice!
So who cares if the house isn't all the way clean, who cares if there is dishes in the sink. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is such a special poem. I worked for a lady one time that was very proper and everything in its place. She lost a son while he was in his teens. I was at her home one day MANY years later and she was so sad. She told me it was the anniversary of her sons death. She said if she could go back in time she would have spent more time with her children and worried/worked on her home less. Thinking of you all during these special days! hugs & love