Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Needs

My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas today.. So of course because I am a mother and a woman I had to think about this for a while... I wish I could just say Oh I need this or I want this...... But in this world today, I just feel like there is so much more that is needed, than something trivial that I would want or need.
I want my daughter to know truth, to know the love,joy and peace that comes with being in the truth. I want her to have a true love for God, his son, and all of his people. I want her to have confidence in her parents, to know that her family will love her through thick and thin, like my own parents loved me. I want my husband to know that there is one true way and that is truth and that is what my family and I believe in... I want him to feel a need for something more in his life, to want to make his life available to God. I want to be a help to others, I want to be a loving sister to my breatheren. I want to just feel like I am doing the best I can.
This seems like so much.. But just thiking about Christmas makes me think about the things that we really do need, things that will profit us. In the end this is what we will think about, not how we would like new shoes or fun toys for our kids!=0

2 comments:

landryandcara said...

Aw bean! Amen!
Cara

kara said...

I agree, I agree, I agree.

and...you're a help to me. love.