Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The theme is friends.

I have lost another friend to cancer. It is just amazing to me how many people die from cancer. I bet there isn't anyone who hasn't had someone close to them die from cancer. My friend not only beat breast cancer but then she got lung cancer, how unfair is that?
She was my high school librarian, she was not just a authoritive figure but a friend to me. I was placed as her aide I think my sophmore year because I had surgery on my shoulder and wasn't able to do PE. So they put me as her TA. She told me later that she wasn't really excited to hear that I would be helping her. I was a bit wild and well probably rude. But, time went on and I changed and she became a great friend to me. I really needed a adult friend in my highschool years, my relationship with my parents was to say the least strained. (I had some major rebellion going on) She helped me so much and I even would go and hang out with her at her house! I think it seemed strange to my friends that I would spend a Friday night hanging out with a 60 something year old lady. But she was fun and we had such a great time. We were faithful "Friends" watchers and I remember that it was her who I watched the last episode with. I graduated and moved around but still kept in touch with her. She came to our wedding and she was there to see baby Camilla. I last saw her a few weeks ago in the hospital. She seemed fine, her pain was better she just was having trouble walking. Or maybe thats just what she told me. Either way I'm majorly kicking myself for not seeing her more often.
I will miss you Hilma Harris, thanks for being a true friend.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I'm sorry Jeanie. The fabric of life weaves many different colors and experiences - and losing a good friend is a tough one, but enriching too to have known their care for you. We are what we are because of all the lives that have touched us. Take care.