Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Devils work

A local soldier lost his life in Afghanistan, his body was to be flown in today and the funeral scheduled for Saturday. What a loss for his family, they apparently had just talked to him the day he died. He was on his second tour of duty in Afghanistan and was the USO sailor of the year in 2011. In the newspaper article today about the story, it said that the Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church members will be there to protest. I've heard of this group before and have always thought that they were just against the war and that is why they are protesting. But no, they say God is punishing us for accepting homosexuality. So what does that really have to do with soldiers dying? I haven't done a lot of research on this group, don't really want to. But I don't understand why they protest at soldiers funerals?
Can you imagine losing your son/daughter or other family member and go to the funeral and having to see these people? What an awful thing, I wonder how many of these protesters have been attacked by family members. You could hardly blame the poor families, such disrespect. It is just the devils work at it's finest. The fact that they could even think that they have anything to do with God is beyond me.
Anyway off that sad subject.. The floor really seems to be getting further away and my shirts seem to be shrinking. There is something strange going on around here! :) 30 weeks already, time has flown by. Can't wait to hold the little guy and see his little face. Was wondering today if he is going to have the red hair like Camilla had? I think we have settled on his name, it starts with a K. We will (try) and keep it a secret till he's born. But you know me and my own secrets! haha!
Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've heard of the group-it is so sad =( they take their whole family to these protest and yes their own kids have been attacked and it doesn't stop them. Unreal. I agree, don't want to know more about it.
So glad your pregnancy is going well! How cool you all have a name picked out! I can't imagine, how exciting to wonder about how he will be and seeing him for the first time! hugs & love

kara said...

haaaah! something strange going on around here, that's great. we're definitely counting down now!