Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Life and death

Well this past week my Grandpa passed away and my daughter turned 1. It was a sad and busy week. We had a lot of funeral arrangements to make, we knew there would be too many people to fit in a funeral home so we had to find a building. So we had it at some fairgrounds that are close by. I think there was around 400 people at the funeral. It is amazing how many people one life can touch. It was such a bittersweet time for us. We knew he had been suffering for so long and so much pain for so long. So we are glad that he isn't suffering anymore. But... It is hard to imagine that he is gone forever. I just can't really even comprehend it. Even though he hasn't been able to do much physically even for the last year. He still was here and we would visit him at the hospital or at the home. So its just a strange feeling that there is no more Grandma AND Grandpa. Just Grandma. So we had lots of people there and lots of nice memories from people. I really enjoyed what was said about him that when someone would ask him a question that it would always take a while for him to answer. And the thought just was that he always thought about his answer and what he was going to say that would be the right answer. And I know for myself that I often answer things to fast and maybe it isn't always the right or best answer.

Anyway we didn't really have a real birthday for Camilla yet. There was just so much going on and so many things to do I just felt like it wasn't the time for it. So this week we will have to do something. But we did get her a big piece of cake and let her just dig in so these are pics from that.


No comments: