Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 8, 2008

So I was watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition online the other day. And they built a house for these people who have a 8 year old daughter. She had some kind of rare cancer and she beat it. And while she was in the hospital she would buy little stuffed animals for the other kids there who had cancer. She was a really cute and thoughtful girl. So anyway her parents house was falling down around them because they had to spend all their money on her medical bills and expenses. So anyway when the show aired she had been diagnosed AGAIN with the same kind of cancer. It was so sad, her Mom said that when they found out the daughter just started screaming and said Mom just let me die I can't go through it again. Oh my it was so sad. Needless to say I was just bawling because I can't imagine the pain you would feel as a parent. It was terrible for us when Camilla had to get her shots! Much less go through chemo and all. So it was really sad. And so I watched the episode and it said that she had a blog. So when it was done I went and found her blog. Um yeah she died. I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure she could beat it again. But she just couldn't. It was terrible, I was just crying and crying. Having kids isn't just all peaches and cream. There are lots of things that can go wrong. And for those of us who have healthy kids we need to be SO thankful. I feel SO bad for the parents and kids out there with cancer and other uncurable illnesses. Of course we are willing to take the chance when we decide to have kids and we love them no matter what.

1 comment:

Wrena said...

Great point of view!