Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fire Season

Well our fire season is definatly here. We are completely smoked in. We really have fires all around us. Lots of thick smoke, you can smell it and see it. I can't remember really ever seeing smoke like this here. We had crazy lightening and thunder storms on Saturday. So now we have lots of fires. In Trinity County alone, (Where I grew up, a hour from me now) there were 3000 lightening strikes recorded on Saturday. So its kinda scary. Poor people being evacuated. I remember growing up we were evacuated once. The fire chief came running up our steps, and our dog bear almost bit him. It was SO scary and just the unknown was hard. So hopefully the winds will die down and GOOD LUCK to the fire fighters. I am impressed and thankful for your willingness to fight fires..

2 comments:

Wrena said...

Ready there? If you have to evacuate go east get on I 80 and keep coming!)

Diana said...

We can SOOO relate!! Hope they can get it under control soon.