Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dreaming

I'm dreaming of the day when Ian has a real set schedule and when I can know that he will be off that day or he will be home at this time. Since we've been married, the 2 jobs he's had have both not had set schedules. When he was doing concrete work, it was whenever they got work and then the job could last 1 hour or it could last 3. While I am thankful that he has had a job, it still just gets old. The never knowing, the trying to plan, the planning and then him not being able to be there. It goes on and on.. Not to mention the fact that even if he is with us the job doesn't quit.. (I'm having a major pity party bear with me here) I am so ready for him to just be a employee and be done. To do his job and come home and be done. I don't know if we are really cut out for this business owner responsibility. Especially in CA, the liability of owning a business and having anyone work for you or even with you is so high. From what I've read basically anyone can sue you at any time if they get hurt or die. As the employer we will almost always lose. Plus the 5million rules and laws that seem to change weekly. It seems like you have to have an attorney on hand at all times just to attempt to be legal. It just stresses me out, I feel like we are just setting ourselves up for something bad. We don't make enough money to have a attorney on hand yet can't risk not having legal advice. It's ridiculous! Whatever happened to just working and giving people jobs and thats it. Oh no, now it's how can we sue our employer to get money so I don't have to work the rest of my life? There is no shame in the lawsuits, no morals. It's just everyone out to get money from someone whether it was their fault or not. Drives me nuts. I understand there is a time and a place for lawsuits but seems to me 90% of them are just little hissy fits thrown by someone. And they almost always win.
Anyway 21 days till baby comes. I'm soooo ready! :)

No comments: