Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My first baby

My dear Camilla-
You are already 5 years old and this mommy has no idea where the time went. I hope that you have had a good five years. I know for me these past 5 years have been life changing! I love your excitement, your happiness, your willingness to help, your ability to make Daddy and I laugh when we need it! Your fierce independence and stubbornness is something that I don't always appreciate but I know it will help you a lot as you start school this year! I know you will be a strong woman since even in the womb you refused to turn the right way and then refused the bassinett! What a big girl you are, already ready for school.
You are quick to tell me when you think I look pretty or when I have a pretty dress on. Just the other day you told me that "my belly sure was a beauty!" You are generous with your I love you's, that make my heart melt. The love you have for me is so apparent and special to me.
You love my little pony and anything pink, purple and sparkly. But you also will go outside and get dirty and pick up worms. You love your puppy and spend hours playing with her, chasing her around and bossing her even though she doesn't listen most of the time! You love going to your Grandma's house in Weaverville and often would rather stay there instead of coming home!
When the new baby comes, Mommy won't have as much time for you. But I will still love you just as much and love seeing you grow up into an amazing girl!
Happy 5th Birthday my first baby!
I love you,
Mommy

Ian wrote a song for her and it is so sweet. Here is part of it.

My sweet baby, our lives changed today.
No words can I say, to explain how my heart can feel this way.

Rolling along on life's train
From now on it won't be the same
Most beautiful thing in the world,
My own baby girl

Look in my eyes
You can see
All the love you have given me.
I'll be there day and night
To make sure you will be alright.

Rolling along you have grown so fast
Being this little girl just won't last
Out on your own to learn and play
Coming from the heart I need to say.

Look in my eyes
You can see
All the love you have given me.
I'll be there day and night
To make sure you will be alright.


She is a Daddy's girl too. Loves him wrestling with her and tickling her. It is going to be so fun to watch her with the new baby. She has waited so long and just doesn't think he will ever be here!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very precious! Thank you for sharing Jeanie! Happy birthday Camilla! hugs & love

Unknown said...

Sweetest! Happy Birthday, Camilla! Not much longer and your baby brother will be here!

kara said...

I'm going to cry now.