Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Whitney

“No one makes me do anything I don’t want to do. It’s my decision, so the biggest devil is me. I’m either my best friend or my worst enemy. And that’s how I have to deal with it."- Whitney Houston

Isn't that the truth, we are our own worst enemy. Of course she is talking about doing drugs and which one was the biggest devil to her, but still in so many ways this is the truth. No one forces us into doing anything we don't want to do, it is our own decisions. We have to take responsibility for our actions and our words. Unfortunately it doesn't work this way anymore, quite sad actually. Also quite sad that Whitney's great talent was wasted and ruined by her drug use. I listened to her back in 1991 when she sang the National Anthem at the Super Bowl and it is one of the best versions I have ever heard. She had a huge range and such power in her voice!

Have a listen if you like.

1 comment:

kara said...

chills. she did have one amazing voice.